An exciting opportunity awaits you at the Four Seasons Resort Nevis! As the first and longest standing Caribbean resort in the Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts portfolio, we are looking for a dynamic Director of People and Culture with a passion for excellence and great enthusiasm in providing exceptional service standards.
Come be a part of our tradition of more than 30 years of authentic Caribbean hospitality.
The Role of the Director of People & Culture
The Director of People & Culture forms part of the Hotel Leadership team who collectively makes key strategic and operational decisions for the Resort. The Director will oversee all aspects of the People & Culture division including benefits administration, employee relations, recruitment and retention of staff, communication to staff, career development of staff, wage & hour compliance, training, workers’ compensation and legal matters related to hotel employees.
There are a few key characteristics that will set you up for success in this role:
• Dynamic and innovative leader
• Persuasive and clear communicator
• Enthusiastic and confident leader
• Culture Carrier
• Opportunities Broker
As the Director of People & Culture you will:
- Monitor the quality of staff performance including review of disciplinary actions, recommendations for suspension or termination as well as establish a regular performance appraisal program for all staff.
- Influence the quality, content and intent of communications in the hotel and recommend the most effective vehicle of communication and the best channel to use in terms of ensuring that pertinent information is available to all levels of staff.
- Assess the development and effectiveness of all levels of employees and the manpower needs of the hotel using succession planning, and assisting management with career planning and counseling.
- Supervise the financial issues for the P&C budget including benefits, labor & salary reports and plan cost effective events within the P&C budget guidelines.
- Establish and implement recruitment and selection procedures in accordance with Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts’ policy and all applicable laws to include hiring, staffing guide and compensation guidelines.
- Comply with and enforce Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
The successful candidate will have this awesome tool-kit:
- Previous experience as the Director of People & Culture or as Director of Human Resources.
- Expertise in working in the Caribbean
- Significant experience in attracting top talent in challenging market conditions Career Path Mapping and Succession planning expertise
- Demonstrate adaptability to live in a remote location